The sun was shining and the tunes were pumping on today's eighth annual food and drink celebration, Bon Appétit presents Chicago Gourmet , a three day event at Millennium Park, produced by the Illinois Restaurant Association along with title sponsor Bon Appétit magazine and presenting sponsor Southern Wine & Spirits of Illinois. From Noon—6:00 p.m., culinary tourists dined on some of the best bites that Chicago has to offer while also tasting premium wine and spirits. Guests enjoyed live cooking demonstrations, tastings and book signings as well. This was truly an epicurean adventure, highlighting more than 190 of Chicago's all-star restaurants and chefs as well as hundreds of vintners, spirit makers and breweries from around the globe.
Notable event participants were:
· Sam Toia, President & CEO, Illinois Restaurant Association
· Adam Rapoport, Editor-in-Chief, Bon Appetit
· Andrew Knowlton, Restaurant and Drinks Editor, Bon Appetit
· Natalia Cardenas, Regional Director of Mixology, Southern Wine & Spirits
· Serafin Alvarado, Master Sommelier, Southern Wine & Spirits of Illinois
· Celebrity Chefs Rick Bayless, Emeril Lagasse, April Bloomfield, Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Art Smith, Lorena Garcia, Jose Garces, Sara Moulton and others.